BOROUGH OF SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT VIOLATION NOTICES
The following violations may be subject to fines without warnings:
- Sidewalks must be cleared of snow and ice, minimum 3 feet wide or the width of the sidewalk if less than 3 feet wide, within 24 hours of the snow, sleet, or freezing rain ceasing to fall.
- Snow may not be placed in any roads or alleys.
- All vehicles, on public or private land, unless in a garage, must have current registration and inspection. This is also to include trailers, campers, and boats.
- Grass and weeds may not exceed 6 inches in height.
- Grass may not be placed in the roads or alleys.
- No rubbish, junk, or garbage shall be placed in yards, driveways, or on porches.
- No piles of brush (to include, but not limited to: branches, leaves, yard waste, etc) shall be placed in yards.
- No indoor furniture or appliances shall be placed on unenclosed porches, driveways, or in yards. Furniture and appliances to include, but not limited to: chairs, couches, tables, cabinets, tv’s, refrigerators, washers, dryers, microwaves, etc.
- No pools 18 inches or deeper shall be installed without obtaining a zoning and/or building permit.
- No “non-owner occupied” residential dwelling unit may be occupied without possessing a current “Certificate of Inspection” from the Borough of South Williamsport.
- No construction and/or project may be started without first obtaining a zoning and/or building permit (This is to include, but not limited to, pools, fences, sheds, driveways, garages, signs, additions, porches, sidewalks, and businesses)
Obtain a printable version of the violation notice here .