Zoning Permits



A zoning permit is required whenever a project involves placing, constructing, expanding, or altering a physical structure on your property (including driveways) or changing the use of you property. This permit confirms that the work or change in use that you are proposing is allowed by the Zoning Ordinance.

  • Houses, Buildings, and/or Structures:
  • Any construction that changes the height, width, or depth (footprint) requires a permit.


The zoning permit application can be found here.


Changing the use of vacant land, building, or structure requires a permit. Changing from a commercial use to a residential use, adding a commercial use to a residential use, changing from one commercial use to a different commercial use, etc.  Any temporary uses require a permit.


All Accessory Structures:

  • Driveways
  • Fences
  • Garages
  • Carports
  • Pergolas
  • Gazebos
  • Pools
  • Hot tubs
  • Sheds
  • Signs


Things Exempt from Zoning Permits:

  • Interior-remodeling
  • Roofing
  • Siding
  • Window replacement